Of course, you can clean a gutter that is over 20 feet long with a 20 feet gutter cleaner. For that, you need to have a ladder and some basic tools. But if you consider performing that task with ease, 20 feet gutter cleaner may not be the right one!
How to Do It?
You cannot reach those 20+ feet long gutters with a 20 feet cleaner. The gutter can’t be lowered either! However, you can get closer to the gutter with the help of a ladder. Just follow these steps:
1. Put On Protective Clothing
It may seem a bit extra. But while you are up there to collect debris, you need protection. Gutters may accumulate dust and debris (like leaf, nail, etc.) over time. These loose objects can fall and can enter your eyes or mouth. That’s why even professionals wear protective gear before cleaning gutters.
Cleaning a gutter can be very messy. It’s better to put on ‘work cloth’- something that you won’t mind if it gets dirty. Besides, it’s wiser to wear goggles to protect the eyes. Wearing gloves is a good way to keep your hands clean during the cleaning.
2. Position the Ladder Securely
Some guys on the internet have written blog posts or comments about the correct way to position a ladder against a wall. But, frankly speaking, this is not a difficult task to do. Do follow these steps:
- Lean the ladder against a firm wall of your house. But you can also rest the ladder against the gutter (where the gutter is attached to the house by a fastener).
- Hold the ladder at the desired position and then firmly place your toe on the step. It will make the ladder slightly stick to the ground. This is the perfect position for the ladder for enhanced stability. However, don’t forget to check whether the ladder is firm or not.
- If you notice that the feet of the ladder rest on the ground unevenly, place a piece of wood or such material underneath the uneven foot.
3. Set a Bucket to Collect Debris
You can attach a bucket with the ladder to collect debris from the gutter. But you cannot leave the bucket alone on the ladder step. It needs to be tied with a rope or harness.
- You can use a rope and then make a knot to fasten the handle of the bucket.
- A coat hook can be used to fasten the bucket. However, you have to attach a rope at one end of the coat hook.
- Some may opt for plastic bags instead of a bucket. It can be a trustworthy option if there is a relatively small amount of debris on the gutter.
24-Foot Gutter Cleaner
Undoubtedly, this gutter cleaner will help you to reach the highest point of any gutter. Many gutters out there are considerably higher than 20 feet. You can’t reach those gutters with 20 feet gutter cleaners. That’s why, in this case, you need a gutter cleaner that is longer than 20 feet, 24-feet preferably.
Ezy Flo High Reach Gutter Cleaning Kit
This is a gutter cleaning kit that can handle extreme usages with ease. It has many highly appreciable features. Here’s a glimpse of it.
- The metal body ensures heavy endurance and durability.
- It has a telescopic body. Normally, it is 6 feet but can increase up to 15.1 feet. With a head attached, this is enough for reaching more than 20 feet in height.
- On top of the wand, there is a high-pressure nozzle that can throw water at a significant speed to wash away leaves or debris inside the gutter.
- A metal valve is attached to the wand to control the speed flow of the water. Besides, the removable curved arm lets you spray water at any angle.
20+ Foot Telescopic Gutter Cleaning Tools
You can, nowadays, get gutter cleaning tools inside one kit. These kits combine all the necessary stuff that is needed to clean gutters. One of the popular tools is the telescopic gutter cleaning tool.
Any telescopic gutter cleaner comes at a default height. But then you can extend the length of the shaft. This comes in handy when you try to reach a certain height. Besides, these gutter cleaners require less space to store than their counterparts.
Is BE Pressure 24 Telescopic Wand the right tool for 20+ feet gutter cleaning?
From many of the gutter cleaning tools in the market, BE Pressure 24 stands out for its usefulness. It can clean high gutters with ease, thanks to its coolest features. Let’s check them out!
- 4 step telescopic power allows more versatility.
- Easy to store at shorter lengths.
- 14.86 lbs. total weight is adequate for stability during cleaning. Yet, not too much to become unbearable.
- A sturdy body provides enough support to stop bending or cracking.
Overall, you can rely on this wand to clean a high gutter. Most of the features are handy enough to provide flexibility. Besides, stability won’t be an issue during cleaning and, of course, this wand is durable enough to provide a good value for money.
Q: Is cleaning high gutters with 20 feet of gutter cleaner risky?
Ans: Sometimes it may become risky. Especially, if you are trying to reach the gutter but have an unstable ladder. Moreover, a telescopic wand that is almost broken or has a considerable amount of cracks in it can be dangerous. But by ensuring a perfectly stable ladder and the functional wand can eliminate the risk.
Reaching a gutter that is higher than the usual height is not entirely impossible. But it demands certain steps to be followed. If you can do those, congratulations! But, sometimes, you may not ensure those. In that case, a telescopic wand can be a great option, undoubtedly!