Burglars don’t want to be seen at any cost!
And that’s why putting a spotlight on these bad boys by installing the best outdoor light fixture seems like the right way to avoid theft!
Just like a well-lit street is less susceptible to crimes, a brightly-lit home also makes a robber think twice before taking a shot.
They will more likely move onto an easier target, especially when your nosy neighbor from next door has a chance of catching them in action!
Apart from protecting your loved ones, outdoor lighting comes in handy in other situations as well.
With the summer season just knocking on your doors, evenings will be a great time to be outside, right?
Well, once you install an outdoor fixture on the porch, you can sit back on your armchair, relax and enjoy the beautiful atmosphere long after the sun goes down!
Wondering what’s trending on outdoor lighting these days?
Let’s give you a glimpse of some of our collection where we have a little something for every style and needs!
Best Outdoor Light Fixture Reviews
1. Globe Electric 44176 Bowery 1-Light Outdoor Wall Sconce, Matte Black, Clear Glass Shade
Originally, lanterns were first invented only for illumination purposes.
Nowadays, people like lantern-shaped lamps so much that it serves as a fashion statement!
The Globe Electric 44176 Bowery 1-Light Outdoor Wall Sconce is such a stylish lamp that goes will any kind of home décor. This handsome fixture woos everyone with its matte black finish on its outer frame that doesn’t fade over time.
Before moving on to the specification of this particular model, let’s talk about the manufacturing company at first, shall we?
Globe Electric has been in this industry since 1932!
I mean, that’s a long-term commitment, to be honest! And the company has been able to please its consumers for such a long time because of their dedicated service and awesome innovations.
Speaking of awesome products, the 44176 wall scone comes in a package that contains all the necessary things needed for installation.
The lampshade features a clear glass panel that shows what kind of bulb you are putting inside it. So, once you change the bulb, you are actually getting a new getup every time!
- The outer material of this product is made of sturdy material.
- The product is weather-resistant.
- It comes with all the necessary hardware for installation.
- The clear glass panel helps decorate your outdoor space beautifully.
2. JJC LED Security Lights Motion Sensor Flood Light Outdoor, IP65 Waterproof,5000K-Daylight White DLC & ETL Listed Outdoor Lighting for Garage Yard Garden Porch White
Want a hands-free way to illuminate your deck/patio/driveway?
Well, then it’s time you step up your game and install the best outdoor flood light fixture in your home!
The JJC LED Security Light is equipped with a powerful motion sensor that can pick up human movement even from 65 feet apart. With a high sensitivity 180-Degree sensing angle, it’s also an ideal product for commercial purposes.
This smart lamp comes with 3 different working modes for your convenience!
The Dusk-to-Dawn mode automatically turns the lamp on in the evening and keeps illuminating your space till the sun rises.
The Auto mode only requires you to set a time period that ranges from 5 seconds to 5 minutes. And then it lights up whenever a human motion is detected and turns off after the given time period that you chose.
And if you don’t like any of the above, the lamp also features a Manual mode that allows you to manually turn the bulb off or on depending on your need!
- It can sense activities from a 65-feet distance.
- It has 3 working modes that can be used for your convenience.
- With 3 heads, the LED fixture can produce up to 3000 lumens of illumination.
- The bulb is IP65 waterproof rated.
3. Globe Electric 44165 Sebastien 1-Light Outdoor Wall Sconce, 2-Pack, Black Finish
Choosing a front door lighting option is not an easy thing to do.
Since it’s the main entryway, there’s no way people won’t give it a glance before entering your home!
That’s why you need something that will add a nice touch to your home like the Globe Electric 44165 Sebastien 1-Light Outdoor Wall Sconce does!
The lamp comes with a simple table-lamp design with a curved bar on top. Sounds pretty much a common style, right? So, what makes this particular model stand out?
Well, the beauty lies in its striking black and white color combination!
The black matte finish on top gives the fixture a riyal feeling whereas the white interior reflects light in a way that illuminates the entire room instantly! The product is also weather-resistant and hence the beautiful color doesn’t fade over time.
The lamp also comes with a dimmable feature that’s ideal for a relaxed atmosphere. So, you can always make your entryway match your mood and make it look charming at the same time!
- It comes with a dimmable feature for your convenience.
- The striking black and white color combination make it look elegant.
- It comes with all the mounting gear needed for installation.
- You will need two E26 medium base 60W bulb for it to operate.
- It’s weather-resistant.
4. Home Luminaire 31703 Spence 1-Light Outdoor Wall Lantern with Seeded Glass and Built-in GFCI Outlets
Do you know what’s called a classic lantern?
When it’s been installed a long time ago, it still looks as good as the very first day!
The Home Luminaire 31703 Spence 1-Light Wall Lantern is such a classic addition that brings just the right amount of style to your outdoor décor!
With a traditional look and complementing color combination, this lamp fits into any given space including your front porch, back deck or even garage wall to provide you with bright illumination.
The lamp has 2 built-in GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) outlets in its base that allows you to connect power to the fixture easily. These outlets also protect the lantern from a power surge, short circuit or other electric hazards so that you use it for a long time without any major issue.
- It has a classic, traditional style that looks good in any sort of décor.
- The lamp has 2 built-in GFCI outlets for preventing electrical hazards.
- All necessary tools for easy installation are included in the package.
- The seeded glass around the fixture adds a timeless appeal to it.
- It requires one 60-watt medium base bulb to operate.
5. Dusk to Dawn Sensor Outdoor Wall Lights, Lamomo Wall Sconce Porch Light Fixture with E26 6W Led Light Bulb, UL Listed Anti-Rust Waterproof Black Lamp for Porch, Court-Yard
The pathway that leads to your front door only needs to be illuminated when the sun goes down.
So, instead of a manual lamp that you need to remember to turn on every evening, purchasing a Dusk-to-Dawn fixture like the Lamomo Wall Scone seems to the logical thing to do!
While searching for the best exterior light fixtures, one thing that you must take note of is to check if the lamp is waterproof. If the lampshade is IP23 waterproof like Lamomo Scone, then you can use it in all sorts of weather conditions without having any issue!
Offering 100 lumens of brightness, the LED E26 bulb comes with 30,000 hours of long lifespan. It consumes only a little amount of power and saves up to 90% energy compared to other traditional bulbs available on the market.
- The built-in IC sensor turns the lamp on automatically in the evening.
- It has a long lifespan of 30,000 working hours.
- Compared to traditional bulbs, it helps save 90% energy.
- The lampshade is IP23 waterproof.
6. Hykolity Outdoor Wall Lantern, Matte Black Wall Sconce Light Fixtures, Architectural Fixture with Clear Glass Shade ETL List for Entryway, Porch, Doorway
If you love DIY projects like me, then, chances are, you LOVE doing everything from scratch including installing a lightbulb!
Unfortunately, not all fixtures are easy to install. Some even require you to hire an electrician to do it. Not to mention the bill that comes with for doing such a simple job!
Keeping this in mind, Hykolity has come up with an Outdoor Wall Lantern that’s user-friendly and super-easy to install even for a non-technical person!
You only need to follow 3 simple steps for this purpose. First, you need to connect the cross bar with the junction box. Then, the wires will need to be attached in place. And finally, you have to fasten it to the wall and you are done!
Made of heavy-duty metal construction, the Hykolity fixture is quite durable. You can use any type of E26 medium base bulb including incandescent, LED, halogen, CFL etc. inside this lamp fixture.
- The lamp is waterproof and weather-resistant.
- It’s suitable for various types of light bulbs.
- The wall scone is perfect for illuminating entryway, porch and balcony.
- The product is pretty easy to install in only 3 simple steps.
Best Outdoor Light Fixture With Camera
7. Ring Floodlight Camera Motion-Activated HD Security Cam Two-Way Talk and Siren Alarm
Want to know immediately when a person trespasses your property?
Install the best outdoor light fixture with camera in your house and you will be able to see that person’s face, talk and decide if you need to call 911!
The Ring Floodlight Camera Motion-Activated HD Security Cam is a perfect example of such fixtures. The Ring Floodlight Cam can record videos in HD quality with the help of its ultra-bright light and show you live view while you are still working in the office!
What’s more, the built-in motion sensor inside this camera sends an alarm to your smartphone as soon as someone trespasses your property.
You must be thinking what good would it do if you are far from home, right?
Well, to solve this issue, this smart device also allows you to activate its siren from your smartphone and scare the thieves away! Not to mention, you get to look at video afterward and show it to the police as evidence later on.
- The fixture illuminates space while working as a security camera as well.
- It allows you to see and talk to the visitor from your smart devices.
- It has a built-in siren for scaring off the robbers on spot.
- It records video in 1080HD quality and monitors your property 24/7.
8. Swann Floodlight Security Camera w/Dimmable Motion Lighting, 2 Way Talk
If you want to catch a burglar in action, then you have to be one step ahead of their game.
The Swann Floodlight Security Camera w/Dimmable Motion Lighting helps you in this plan with the help of its powerful security camera! It immediately sends a push notification to your smartphone and lets you know someone’s home!
So, a group of intruders is here, now what?
Well, the device has built a 2-way talk system that allows you to talk with the intruders through your smartphone. You never know, a simple “Hello” might make them think you are nearby and run away!
The camera also features a siren option which will activate itself if you do decide to use it after all. With 2500 lumens of brightness, it is also capable of illuminating the entire space instantly.
While all of the commotions is happening, the camera will record everything and save it to its local memory for 7 days for your convenience.
- It can detect movement and send push notification to your smartphone.
- The device is compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant and Chromecast.
- It casts 2500 lumens of brightness in its designated area.
- It can save video clips in its storage and lets you playback later.
Best Outdoor Flood Light Fixture
9. 3 Head LED Security Lights Motion Outdoor Motion Sensor Light
Be it a rainy day, summer day or a snowy one, a good outdoor lamp fixture should be able to perform equally all the time!
The 3 Head LED Security Lights from Amico comes with an IP65 waterproof rating that protects it from all sorts of harsh environments. As it’s capable of enduring rainwater, sleet or snow without an issue, it’s a perfect choice for garages, workshops, porch and balconies.
Camera not picking up that shady corner of your yard?
Well, you can easily its adjustable light head, motion sensor and lens hood in whichever angle you prefer!
With a range of 49-feet distance, it can easily pick up human movement and lights up the area with its 3500 lumens of bright output. So, you get to put the intruder under full scrutiny!
Although the security bulb performs equivalent to a 200-watt halogen lamp, it only requires 40 watts of power to do that. Ergo, it saves up to 88% of your electricity bill and gives your pocket a break at the end of the month!
- It’s weather-resistant.
- The LED unit consumes less power to operate.
- It can detect motion within a 49-feet range.
- It saves your electricity bill by up to 88%.
Best Outdoor LED Flood Light fixture
10. LUTEC 1200 Lumen LED Motion Activated Integrated Dual-Head Floodlight
“Alexa, show me the front door”.
And the LUTEC 1200 Lumen LED Motion Activated Floodlight brightens up your front door hearing your command! How cool is that?
Lutec believes in giving its users the freedom to personalize items as much as they want. The light, audio, video and even sensor parameters, all of these settings can be adjusted according to the user’s preference!
The device features a noise-canceling microphone through which you can talk to the person standing on the other side of the door. With a powerful 1200 lumens of brightness, you can see and identify the visitor even in the middle of the night quite easily.
This product contains every single quality that the best outdoor LED flood light fixtures should have!
It supports PIR motion detection, which can sense movement from up to 16 meters of distance. With a 100+ decibel siren system, you can alert the whole neighborhood if you suspect a robbery at your house!
- The device is compatible with Android and IOS applications.
- It can detect motion from up to 16 meters of distance.
- It comes with a built-in noise-canceling microphone.
- The fixture provides 1200 lumens of brightness to illuminate your space.
Outdoor Light Fixture Buying Guide
Depending on your need, there are a number of choices available on the market.
For instance, if you want to install a bulb in the porch, garage or entryway, then a wall lamp is most suited for that purpose.
If you are concerned about the security of your property, then motion sensor lights or lamps with a camera are a better option for you. On the other hand, dusk-to-dawn lamps are suitable for people who only need lights at nighttime.
An IP rating consists of two numbers that represent how much resistance it has against solid objects and how protected the light is against moisture.
The higher the number is, the better the quality is. For instance, a bulb with an IP44 rating is considered splash-proof and ideal for installing it on a porch.
There are different types of bulbs available including electric, solar or battery-powered lamps.
Electric lamps are the best options for you if you don’t mind paying for the power they consume. Battery-powered lamps are good for illuminating a small space. However, you have to remember to change the battery frequently.
Solar-powered lamps are an eco-friendly option as they don’t require electricity to operate. However, you need to position them in a sunny spot for this purpose.
Who doesn’t love getting a little EXTRA from their purchase?
I know I do!
If you want to get it too, then look for bulbs with dimming capabilities as they give you the option to reduce its brightness whenever you want!
Also, try choosing motion sensor lights if you are concerned about your electricity bill. Fixtures with reflectors and shields also allow you to get concentrated light without consuming high wattage of power.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: Where Should I Place My Outdoor Light Fixture?
Ans: It depends on how many lamps you want to install.
If you install a single lamp, then the height should 1/3 height of the entryway door. If you want to place two on either of the sides of the door, then place them at ¼ height of the door.
Q: How Bright Should My Entryway Light Be?
Ans: If you just want to illuminate the front door then a bulb with lower lumen power (1300 to 1500 lumens) will do. For security purposes, you will need more than 2000 lumens of brightness in your lamp fixture.
Q: What Is The Difference Between Spot Light And Floodlight?
Ans: The difference lies in its beam angle. Spotlights provide a concentrated brightness with a narrow (45-Degree) beam angle. And floodlights come with a wider beam angle (120-Degree) and spreads light more naturally.
Q: Why Does My Motion Sensor Lamp Stay On?
Ans: These sensor lamps can sometimes get triggered by reflective surfaces. So, while installing this device, make sure not to place it in such a position. Also, check the lamp at night after installing for the finest result.
Q: What Is A Good Wattage For Outdoor Fixtures?
Ans: Higher wattage bulbs create a harsh atmosphere and reduce the aesthetic value of your property. For outdoor spaces, 80-wattage lamps are sufficient to provide illumination.
About 60% of the burglars switch their target when they sense the presence of security equipment, did you know that?
That means every step that you take to keep your home and loved one safe count! From locking your front door, sheds and garage to installing the best outdoor light fixture to keep an eye on the outside world, every single action matters a lot!
Hopefully, our article has inspired you to get a nice light fixture that improves home safety and highlights the beauty of your house exterior all at the same time!