Have you noticed your grandparents are a bit reluctant to turn on the lights even when it’s quite dark in the hallway?
Perhaps they forget to turn the switch on. Or they feel like they don’t need to. Either way, this type of attitude increases the chance of them getting seriously injured.
A hands-free way of protecting your loved ones from potential tripping hazard is to install the best indoor motion sensor light in your house, which uses infrared waves to sense moving objects and lights up as soon as someone enters a room!
These sensor-activated lamps are also a great assistance for children, disabled-people, pets or anyone who loves to have a little extra help navigating rooms at nighttime.
Thinking about how much power it might consume?
The utility bill will never be a problem again as these lamps shut off automatically once they detect no movement in their surroundings and therefore, don’t even require full-time lighting like traditional bulbs do!
Let’s give you a glimpse of what else they offer down below!
Best Indoor Motion Sensor Light Reviews
1. Mr. Beams MB 723 MB723 Battery-Powered Motion-Sensing LED Stick-Anywhere Nightlight
While the traditional nightlights are turned off in the morning, Mr. Beams MB 723 MB723 LED light shuts itself off automatically right after 30 seconds of inactivity at any given time!
This shiny little thing stays low at daytime and show its mighty power at night by directing 20 lumens of bright white light all around its surroundings while illuminating the pathways in front of you!
Mr. Beams LED indoor motion sensor light is battery powered and requires 4 AA ones to operate properly. Get a pair of good battery and you are good to go for at least 80 hours of uninterrupted service!
As you can see from the specifications, the LEDs are pretty small in size and therefore, can easily be attached in almost anywhere including bathroom, living space, stairway etc.
Mr. Beams comes with a generous 10-square feet area coverage, but it can detect motions from as much as 15 feet away! The lamp is also equipped with a tight weather-proof seal to protect itself from all sorts of adverse environment.
- The 20-lumen LED can cover up to 10-square feet of area.
- It can easily be installed with the help of the mounting accessories.
- Each battery set comes with 1 year of lifespan expectancy.
- Its photocell only activates in darkness.
- Its 30-second auto-shutoff feature help conserve energy.
2. AMIR Motion Sensor Lights, Battery-Powered LED Night Lights, Stick-Anywhere Closet Lights Stair Lights, Wall Lights for Hallway, Bathroom, Bedroom, Kitchen etc.
Once you have one of these little beauties installed at your home, it will be hard to imagine what your life was like before!
The AMIR Motion Sensor Lights come with a round shape and a smart, sleek appearance that blends in pretty nicely with your home décor. The package comes in a set of 3 pieces, which can only be turned on when there’s not enough light in its surrounding environment.
Replacing old lamp with a brand-new one seems like a hassle, doesn’t it?
Not with this sweetie here!
The manufacturer includes double-sided adhesive pads in the package, which let you stick it anywhere you like! It takes literally a second to install this device in this way!
You can also attach it to lots of different places including bedroom, corridor, storeroom, carport, aisle, BBQ site or even in the emergency exit as these lamps are small enough to fit at any given place.
- Its auto-off feature lets the bulb shut automatically after 15 seconds.
- The lamp can easily be installed with its double-sided adhesives.
- The build-on magnet allows you to slap it on any metal surface.
- It can sense all sorts of movement within 10-feet distance.
- It’s much cheaper than the traditional ceiling lamps.
- The 20-lumen bulb is bright enough to let you see clearly.
3. Vont LED Smart Dusk to Dawn Sensor, Automatic Night Lights, Suitable for Bedroom, Bathroom, Toilet, Stairs, Kitchen, Hallway, Kids, Adults, Compact Nightlight, Energy, Cool White
Waking up at the wee hours is never a fun experience.
The situation becomes even worse when the sudden urge to urinate has you stumbling and tumbling all around the house without a light switch in sight!
That’s why, the Vont LED Smart Dusk to Dawn Sensor has been created, so that it can illuminate the way to the bathroom and guide anyone along the way without putting too much brightness on display!
This smart sensor light comes with a modern, minimalistic look that goes well with all sorts of décor, be it contemporary or traditional. While the market is swarming with cheaper alternatives and poor-quality products, Vont uses 100% ABS plastic, which is fire-resistant and doesn’t get damaged easily.
Oh! You haven’t heard about the best part yet!
This smart lamp requires less than 30 cents a year to operate!
I mean, a nightlight would even cost at least 10X more than that!
With more than 10,000 hours of lifespan, you get to enjoy its hassle-free service for a long time as it doesn’t require you to change its bulb like other lamps do!
- It requires less than 30 cents a year to operate.
- Its compact size lets it fit into any small space.
- The manufacturer has used 100% ABS plastic for this product.
- The brightness (50 lumens) is just the right amount for your eyes.
- Its lifespan is more than 10,000 hours.
4. URPOWER 10 LED Bulbs Operated Wireless Motion Nightlight Portable Magnetic Security Closet Light Stick Up Motion Sensor Night Lights for Closets Hallway Stairway
When you walk out of your closet or store room, chances are, both of your hands are going to be full!
That’s why, it’s much convenient to have automatic bulbs like URPOWER Motion Sensor Light installed in these type of places so that you don’t have to fumble around trying to find the light switches anymore!
Equipped with Passive Infrared Technology, this LED is capable of detecting human movement within a 10-feet range. And once there’s absolutely no activity for 20 seconds at a stretch, it shuts off automatically without any assistance.
Thinking about how much electricity it will consume once installed?
Well, it won’t!
The lamp is battery operated and requires only 4 pieces of AAA batteries inside it to function properly.
The installation process is pretty straightforward as well. With the help of its magnetic strip, you can stick this little wizard anywhere you want and enjoy moving with ease at nighttime!
- It shuts off automatically within 20 seconds of inactivity.
- No screws or nuts are needed for installing this device.
- You can save time on charging as it’s battery operated.
- It’s suitable for closet, bathroom, pantry and other small areas.
- It comes with more than 100,000 hours of lifespan.
5. Motion Sensor Light Bulbs, Aukora 12W E26 Motion Activated Dusk to Dawn Security Light Bulb Outdoor/Indoor for Front Door Porch Garage Basement Hallway Closet
Hallway is probably the most awkward place of a house.
It’s often so narrow that even the natural sunlight doesn’t get a chance to peep in!
And that’s where the Aukora Motion Sensor Light Bulb comes into play by lighting up the hallway and making your room look a bit bigger, brighter and more welcoming at the same time!
This indoor motion sensor light fixture features a High quality PIR infrared sensor at the tip, which helps detect motion within 8-10 feet range. And it automatically shuts off after 1 minute of total inactivity around that area.
Unboxing the Aukora Lightbulb will reveal 2 sets of lamps that are cold white (6000K to 6500K) in color temperature, which produce 100 lumens of light and a user manual guide to help you install it in the right way without any sort of other assistance.
The manufacturer believes in conserving energy whenever possible!
Hence, the lamp has been designed in a way that it won’t activate at daytime even if it senses human movement or if there’s another source of light source nearby. It is also able to function as a good outdoor motion sensor light.
- It comes with a dusk-to-dawn sensor inside.
- The lamp has an adjustable neck which can rotate in any direction.
- It can also be used as a porch or garage light fixture.
- It helps conserve energy whenever possible.
- The PIR infrared sensor can detect motion within 10-feet range.
6. LED Motion Sensor Cabinet Light, Under Counter Closet Lighting, Wireless USB Rechargeable Kitchen Night Lights, Battery Powered Operated Light, Uniform light
Kids have a harder time grasping the fact that someone actually has to pay for the electricity bill that comes every month!
And boy! You can’t really blame them either as they don’t understand how the world works anyway!
That’s why, the LED Motion Sensor from LEPOTEC is a better fit for your home as it doesn’t require a switch to operate and extinguishes itself automatically after 20 seconds of no movement in its surrounding area!
LEPOTEC has designed this lamp brilliantly with a built-in 2500mAh high-capacity rechargeable battery inside it. Unlike the traditional batteries, this one can easily be recharged via the USB cable that’s included in the package.
Don’t like the motion sensor mode?
You can just switch it off and use it as a normal light as well!
As it can be used on two different modes, you can install this bulb as a normal lamp for your closet, cabinet and drawer or as a sensor light in the stairs for your kids according to your choice.
- The lamp is designed to distribute light in all directions evenly.
- It can sense human motion within 10-feet.
- It can be used as both a normal light and a motion sensor light.
- It produces 300 lumens of brightness.
- The battery can be charged using USB cable.
7. GE Silver LED Night Light, 1 Piece, Motion Sensor, 40 Lumens, Plug-in, Soft White, UL-Listed, Ideal for Bedroom, Nursery, Bathroom, 29844
There come times when the main lamp is too bright for you and the nightlight is too feeble. And all you want is just a soothing light that doesn’t glare back at you, yet allows you to see everything clearly.
Well, times like this calls for a lamp like GE Silver LED Night Light that emits a soft, soothing glow at 40 lumens while illuminating the pathway in front of you!
The silver-colored lamp comes in a compact size that’s ideal for plugging it into any standard wall outlet while leaving the second outlet free for other devices at the same time!
The company has built this indoor motion sensor light bulb in a way so that it gets turned on whenever it senses any kind of movement within 25-feet of distance while emitting light at a whopping 40 lumens. Once you leave the room, the lamp automatically shuts down after 90 seconds of total inactivity in its surrounding area.
- The lamp is cool to touch even when it’s in operation.
- It shines bright at 40 lumens.
- It can pick up movements from as far as 25-feet away.
- The LED is designed to fit in even the most compact spaces.
- The stylish design and gorgeous shade of silver color complements all décors.
Indoor Motion Sensor Light Buying Guide
While purchasing LED bulb, make sure your lamp comes with a decent range capacity.
Products with smaller range might be of little to no use as it won’t light up unless you go near them. On the other hand, too much of a large range devices are quite expensive and ends up giving you lots of false alarms while wasting the power consumption at the same time.
For the best result, purchase lamps that come with 10-20 feet range capacity.
Where are you planning to put your lightbulb?
Is it around a corner?
Then, an LED with 90-degree detection zone would be perfect for you!
If you want to put it on walls or posts, then the lamps should have at least 180-Degree detection angle to cover its surrounding area properly. However, if you want these devices to sense motions from all around the place, then go for the ones that come with 360-Degree angle for the best result.
Lumens is the measuring unit of the lamp’s brightness.
Depending on what type of work you are planning to do, you may choose the luminosity to suit your need.
For instance, if you want to install these lamps in bathroom, then a 40-50 lumens of brightness should suffice. For reading purposes, you will need lamps that are at least higher than 450 lumens.
Plugged-in or battery-operated, which one you like the most?
Cause they are both available on the market!
If you don’t want a raise in your electricity bill, then a battery-operated lamp might be a better choice for you. On the other hand, there are many energy-saving bulbs available if you don’t want like the idea of changing batteries too often.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: Can A Motion Sensor Light Be Activated At Daytime?
Answer: No. These lamps are designed in a way to prevent activating in daytime. This action helps prolong its battery life and make the device longer-lasting.
However, some devices can also be used as normal lights and they DO activate in daytime as well.
Q: Do The Lamps Malfunction In Cold Weather?
Answer: Most lamps don’t.
However, your lamp may appear a bit dimmer than usual as batteries tend to generate less power in this time.
Q: Can I Use Motion Sensor Lights As My Security System?
Answer: Yes, absolutely!
A motion sensor lamp installed in front of your door will act as a great deterrent to the burglars. And when the lamps senses and activates on its own, it gives you the opportunity to see who is hiding behind the bush quite easily even at nighttime!
Q: Is LED Better Than Incandescent Motion Sensor Light?
As LEDs consume 75% less power than the incandescent motion sensor light, they are definitely a better option if you are thinking about saving your money at the end of the month!
Q: How Do I Reset My Motion Sensor Lamp?
Answer: Most of these lamps are pretty easy to reset.
Just turn the switch off for 10 seconds and turn it back on again. That should do the trick!
The best motion sensor light system helps illuminate your house when you need, and stop when no longer needed without having to flick a switch ever again!
With no accidental left on lamps in the hallway, you also get to have a peaceful sleep at night and save a few dollars on the electricity bill at the same time!
Hopefully, our article has inspired you to make a smarter choice for your home and invest in a good model that helps you show your way at nighttime. As they say, “You can never put a price on safety”.
So, invest today, and stay safe tomorrow!
Have a good day!